Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day


My first mother's day was great! Although I don't feel that 'motherly' just yet - I feel more like an incubator right now. But it was still a great day - we spent it celebrating with friends and family. Tim surprised me with some cake balls from The Cake Ball Company - a neighborhood business that I had read about a few months ago. I think it's going to be the next 'Sprinkles'. Since I've been craving sweets a LOT lately, this was the perfect gift!

Tim has a tradition in his family to make mom breakfast on Mother's Day. This year he woke up early and made this fantastic breakfast for me! Baked french toast with blueberries, sausage, and eggs. Our friends Avericity were staying with us and helped us celebrate and eat all the delicious food.



We had lunch with Mama Ong at a local tex-mex restaurant and spent some quality time together afterward gardening (one of my mom's favorite hobbies) at my house.



Tim and his dad cooked a great seafood dinner for Mama Mah, who was also surprised by a visit by Josh from Houston.


1 comment:

Ann said...

That baked french toast looks sooo good. Will Tim share the recipe?